Thursday, October 1, 2009

It Was a Fabulous Silent Auction

I recently participated in a silent auction hosted by Fabulous Fund Finds. It was in support of Shelley Mingo and her three children. Shelley recently lost her husband, father-in-law, and brother-in-law in a plane crash. I bid on several of the generously donated listings and was thrilled to discover this morning that I was the highest bidder on this gorgeous necklace!

This beautiful silver necklace is called Springtime Sparrow and was made and donated by Lillyella. I was also given the choice of which coloured glass blossoms I wanted to adorn the chain - I chose turquoise. Odd colour selection for me, but I could use a punch of colour once in a while! I'm not sure what this necklace is priced at on Lillyella as her very popular shop, which boasts 3640 sales, is temporarily closed (taking a well deserved break I am sure), but I have a feeling I got it for a steal. I feel bad about that, wishing I could have donated more, but also very privileged that I have the opportunity to proudly wear this lovely piece of jewelry - a luxury I wouldn't have been able to afford otherwise. So now I patiently wait for my little treasure to arrive and hope that my little needle-in-a-haystack donation to the Mingo family has helped them in some small way.

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...