Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Here Comes the...

BRIDES Magazine
February 2011


So, finally the cat's out of the bag.  It's a secret I've been harbouring for months.  Well, not very well on Twitter, I'm afraid.  I did let it leak once (or maybe twice).  Not because I wasn't allowed to tell, but sometimes you can't believe some things until you see them for yourself.  That was me, yesterday at the drug store, which I have been stalking for at least a week now.  I walked in and *eeek* there it was!  I grabbed the issue off the shelf and frantically flipped through it to find some resemblance of a pinwheel (which is no easy task, the magazine is huge!).  But, finally, there it was!  My Lemon Meringue Pie creation in an ode to the doily!  I tried to contain my squeals of joy but a few giddy squeeks snuck out.  Was one magazine going to be enough, maybe I should get two, oh heck, three?  No, I frugally stopped at two - they are kind of expensive.  Plus, there was Sebastian looking up at me with his sweet little doe eyes - he had a magazine in his hands, he wanted one too.  How could I refuse? 

I have a feeling that it's going to be a Fabulous February!


Share/Bookmark

4 comments:

  1. That's soooooooo cool - Congrats!!!! and what a spread - your pinwheel is the focus point of the whole page! yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is amazing!!! I am so happy for you! Isn't it cool? Next month I will be having a similar experience. My blog is going to be featured in Woman's World Magazine on Valentine's Day! I won't believe it until I see it either.
    Congrats again on your spot in Brides Mag! Hopefully it is just the beginning of more great things to come. Best~ Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much ladies! And congratulations on your upcoming feature Lindsay. I remember reading my Mom's copies of Woman's World when I was younger. This is definitely a great reason to pick it up again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATS! It is so nice to see your work in a mag! It really gives you that feeling of, "WOW! THEY LIKE ME! THEY REALLY LIKE ME!" LOL!!! Frame it! My hubby framed my first mag feature as a gift and I LOVE looking at it in my studio! Congrats to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...